Feeling cheesy? Well, we have the perfect recipe for you. Usually we enjoy sharing a little mid-week family recipe, but we couldn't wait to tell you about this delicious masterpiece! Ricotta-stuffed peppers already sounds like a game changer, but add a little pesto and pine nuts and boom! The ultimate explosion of flavors! Enjoy this amazing recipe and don't forget to share with your friends!
- 1½ c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ c. finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 green onion
- 12 whole roasted red piquillo peppers
- ½ c. packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ c. packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat ricotta until smooth and fluffy. Gently stir in Pecorino, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer filling to resealable plastic bag.
- Snip 1/2-inch hole in 1 corner of bag. Into opening of 1 pepper, squeeze filling until pepper is full. Repeat with remaining peppers and filling. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
- In food processor, with knife blade attached, pulse basil, parsley, water, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper until herbs are finely chopped. With machine running, add oil in steady stream; process until mixture forms a smooth puree. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
- To serve, on large serving platter, arrange squash; place stuffed peppers on top. Stir sauce and spoon over peppers. Garnish with pine nuts.